As you complete your physical or occupational therapy, you may wonder what are some appropriate thank-you gifts for therapists. How do you find a good Occupational Therapy gift? Keep reading to discover the best gifts for physical therapists and occupational therapists alike!
As a Physical Therapist myself, I know your PT or OT will feel touched that you cared enough to give them a gift. Although a physical gift isn’t necessary, you may decide your therapist deserves more than just “a thought that counts” – whether that’s a handwritten card or tangible token of your appreciation. Allow me to shed some light on how to make your thank-you gift really effective, no matter the form it takes.
Thank You Gifts for Therapists
If you’re looking for a fantastic way to thank your PT or OT, consider the following Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy gift ideas.
1. Thank your therapist – in writing.
It sounds simple, but it’s true: writing a thank-you card can go a long way in showing appreciation for the care you received from your PT or OT.
2. Write your doctor a thank-you card.
One of the best compliments you can give your therapist is to thank your physician for their referral. Not only will this praise your therapist, it will encourage your doctor to continue referring patients to them. A quick note to your doctor costs you nothing but means a lot to your therapist.
3. Leave a positive review on Google or Facebook.
Positive publicity is worth its weight in gold. For an impactful thank-you, write an honest review that highlights the exceptional care you received from your therapist.
4. Refer a friend or family member.
Before you finish your therapy, tell your PT or OT that you’d like a few business cards with which to refer friends and family. By spreading the word about their quality of care, you will show your therapist how much you appreciate them.
Physical & Occupational Therapy Gift Ideas Under $25
If you insist on bringing a physical gift, consider these smaller but meaningful items. Just be aware that some therapists may not feel comfortable receiving gifts. It could come across as trying to elicit preferential treatment, so if you decide to provide a physical gift, wait until your last appointment day to give it.
5. Bring coffee or breakfast.
6. Order a delivery lunch for them.
7. Gift a small arrangement of flowers or succulents.
8. Bring in a fun, healthy snack for the entire clinic (store-bought veggie or fruit trays are always nice).
9. Buy a gift for their pet, if they have one.
What Not to Give Your Therapist
1. Money – Cold hard cash.
While it may not be illegal to extend a monetary gift to your therapist, it may put them in an awkward situation.
In some clinics, alcohol is not allowed on site, so this might not be the best gift for a therapist.
3. Family Heirlooms
Despite your best intentions, a personal item or family heirloom does not make a good gift for a PT or OT. Keep family heirlooms in the family and avoid a potentially awkward situation for you and the therapist, who may not feel comfortable accepting such a gift.
Christmas Gifts for Physical Therapists
Best Gifts for Physical Therapists
If someone in your family is a Physical Therapist and you’re looking for a clever Christmas gift idea, look no further! Here are some of the best Christmas gifts for Physical Therapists, as recommended by a PT. 😉
Your therapist is most likely an active person, so they’ll appreciate a nice pair of headphones they can use on the go. At less than $25, bluetooth headphones are the perfect present on a tight budget.
If someone in your family is a Physical Therapist and you’re looking for a Christmas gift idea, look no further! Here are some of the best Christmas gifts for Physical Therapists, as recommended by a PT 😉
- True HD high Fidelity sound featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound...
- Comfortable and secure fit with IPX-7 waterproof rating - activbuds feature ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel Flex silicone earbuds...
Many PTs work in a home health setting, driving 50 to 100+ miles every day. An audiobook makes that drive so much easier, so consider buying one for Christmas. What’s more, you can keep the fun commutes coming with a subscription to Audible – at less than $15/month.
If your therapist enjoys golf, you can bet they’ll enjoy a box of high quality golf balls. Throw a sleeve of golf balls in their stocking this year and maybe a few lessons if their golf game is anything like mine…
- Longer Distance with Consistent Flight
- Low Long Game Spin and High Trajectory
This watch stand is a must-have for the PT who is sporting an Apple Watch. Your gift will be a hit, and your therapist will love having an extra charger in the clinic, car or at home
- Compatible with Apple Watch Nightstand Mode [watchOS 2]
- [NOTE] Apple Watch Charger Stand compatible with the official Apple Watch Charger ONLY.
Ok, one more thing for the Apple Watch. A nice leather strap is a great add-on feature to dress up any watch without breaking the bank. Some straps cost just $10 to $15, a great price for an elegant stocking stuffer!
- Compatible Models: Compatible with Apple Watch SE/ Series 6 / Series 5/ Series 4（44mm) / Series 3 / Series 2 / Series 1 /Edition (42mm).
- Fit Size: Fits 6.3"-7.9" (160mm-200mm) wrist, it can be men's or women's, comfortable touch feeling on your wrist.
6. Yeti Tumbler
Does the PT in your life like coffee? What about water, do they drink water? (Hopefully!) 🙂 The Yeti tumbler runs about $30, but another great mug is the RTIC tumbler, just under $20. Take your pick – both are great gifts that your PT will love.
- These Ramblers come standard with our YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite...
- Our Ramblers are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry
The Echo is one of those gifts that are great to receive even if you already have a smart speaker. A second smart speaker is convenient because it can go in another room, spreading the smart love all throughout the house. At just under $40, the Echo Dot makes an impactful, affordable gift any tech-savvy PT will appreciate.
- Meet Echo Dot - Our most popular smart speaker with a fabric design. It is our most compact smart speaker that fits perfectly into small spaces.
- Improved speaker quality - Better speaker quality than Echo Dot Gen 2 for richer and louder sound. Pair with a second Echo Dot for stereo sound.
It’s hard to go wrong with coffee or chocolate; just, make sure it’s packaged and shareable. Instead of a giant slab of chocolate or a novelty chocolate bar, go with a festive box like this one from Barnett’s:
- Our gourmet sampler box containing 12 delectable biscotti two of each topped in its own distinctive flavor.
- Toppings include: candied almonds, caramel chip, craisins, peppermint ,cookie and coconut crunch
9. Massage Gift Certificate
Physical therapy can be a stressful and tiring job. We PTs wake up sore with our own aches and pains from performing treatments for our patients. Whether the occasion is a holiday or just a thank-you, a gift certificate for a massage is one of the best gifts for physical therapists!
Buying a gift for a traveling PT? As someone who loves to travel, I enjoy a great travel bag that is both functional and stylish. A bag like this will be very well-received any time of the year.
- Durable, Light and soft canvas, top quality genuine crazy horse leather Trim stitching handcraft, bottom Rivets
- Quality Solid Zine-alloy Hardware, won’t gather rust easily
Do you have any recommendations for Physical or Occupational Therapy gift ideas?